How to Play Casino Craps Online and Win
Sometimes referred to as Seven-Eleven, craps is a popular casino game that's played with dice. The game attracts droves of punters in live casino settings, and it is pretty common to find several bubbly players cheering and shouting around the craps table as the action unfolds. The game can also be played in casinos online, either against computer software or with live croupiers.
While it's fun to play craps, many novice players seem to shy away from partaking the game at first. The reason for this is that it seems a bit complicated at first glance. The truth, however, is that you can easily master the art of playing the game in minutes, and even start winning right away.
Read this strategy article to learn the basics of the game and how to bet on the outcome of a roll. We will also provide you with some handy craps playing strategies that you can use to make the most out of your bets.
Craps Playing Basics for Beginners
In simple words, the game of craps is all about spinning dice and betting on the outcome of the rolls. Usually, players wager against the house and not other players.
The game uses two dice, which are rolled by one player in brick-and-mortar gambling parlors. The shooting is handled by computer software when playing in online casinos, and all you have to do is bet on the outcome and wait for your wager to win or lose.
The first roll of the dice is known as the come-out roll, and players are required to place bets before the round begins. The objective of the game is to land a combination that sums up to 7 or 11. This is called a Natural win.
Every dice roll has three possible outcomes as explained below:
- Natural: A Natural is when you land a 7 or 11 on the come-out roll. The round ends, and another one starts with the next roll.
- Craps: Landing a 2, 3, or 12 is known as crapping out. Rolling one of these combinations means that you have lost the bet and the round is consequently over.
- Push: Rolling a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 means that you have neither won nor lost. Instead, the number becomes the Point, and you must roll the dice again in the hope that you will land the same value before rolling a 7. You must land a combination with the same value as the Point number to win. You will consequently lose if you land a 7 and the round will be over.
How to Place Bets in Craps
The basic bets in craps are pretty simple and straightforward. Here are some of the wagers you can place when playing the game.
- Pass line: Betting on the pass line means that you're backing the shooter to land a Natural win in the come-out roll. The bet pays if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 and it will consequently lose if the combined value of the dice is 2, 3, or 12.
- Don't pass: This bet is the opposite of the pass line wager. It wins if the shooter lands a 2 or 3 and loses if they get a Natural.
- Come: The come wager is just like the pass bet, only that it's placed after a Point has been established. Placing this wager basically means that you're backing the shooter to make the Point before rolling a 7. The bet wins if this happens but it will lose if a 7 is rolled before the Point number comes up.
- Don't come: The don't come bet is the opposite of the come wager. It basically means that you're predicting a 7 will come up before the Point number, and you will win if it does.
The four betting types mentioned above comprise the basic, and undoubtedly the best, wagers in craps. The payout ratio of these bets is 1:1, which means that your profit will be one times your stake if the wager wins.
Players can also place other bet types when playing craps online or in real-life casinos. Examples of other available wagers include odds bets, place win and place lose, buy and lay, hardways, Big 6 and Big 8, field, and prop bets.
Simple Craps Playing Strategies
Casino craps is a game of chance, which means that your winning purely depends on luck. However, this does not rule out the possibility of using some smart strategies to increase the possibility of winning.
For beginners, our online casino experts recommend the following simple craps playing strategies for the ultimate experience.
- Take some time to learn the rules of the game before diving into the gameplay: Whether you're playing craps online or in a land-based casino, it's always best to familiarise yourself with the rules, bet types, and payouts, before placing any wagers.
- The basic bets are the best: As earlier mentioned, the pass vs. don't pass and come vs. don't come bets are the best for beginners. It is highly recommended that you start with these wagers before advancing to the more complicated ones like field bets.
- Have a budget: Craps is a game that's full of fun and action. It's also very fast, which makes it easy to get carried away. For this reason, we advise players to have a budget for each session and not to go spend more than they plan.
- Avoid bets that give the house a high edge: Some craps bets like Big 6 and Big 8, hardways, and propositions tend to pay incredibly well if you win, but the house edge is pretty high hence you should avoid them whenever possible.
- Casino Name : Jackpot City
- Software : RTG
- Flash Play : YES
- Live Dealer Games : YES NO